How to prepare biology for NEET?
As is known to all, the Biology section in the NEET question paper comprises 90 questions which sum a total of 360 marks in the exam. Biology is the subject in which candidates with better concepts and clarity can score most out of the total marks. Hence, focusing more on Biology for NEET 2020 can increase aspirants' chances of cracking the medical entrance test. NEET Biology syllabus carries almost equal weightage of questions from Class 11 and 12. So, it is mandatory for aspirants to go through the overall syllabus of NEET BIology. In lockdown, candidates preparing for NEET biology are required to go through the concept of NCERT, as the syllabus and questions for the Biology are almost entirely based on it. NEET Biology consists of lots of biological scientific terms and facts which are to be remembered. As per the analysis of NEET given by various experts across the country, the difficulty level of the question paper has increased over the past few years. Candidates seeking more information regarding how to study biology for NEET can check the article to know details about it.
NEET Biology preparation: Daily routine
The aforementioned topics are very important for aspirants to go through while preparing for NEET Biology in the quarantine period. To study these concepts requires proper discipline and a well managed daily routine. Candidates can go through the well structured daily routine which they can use while preparing for NEET-
- Wake up as per your convenience but do not make it too late to be called afternoon.
- Have a well nutric breakfast.
- Study for two hours
- Take a small 10 minute break
- Have an half hour revision
- Have your lunch; a power nap would be a good idea too!
- Two hours of study again followed by 10 minute short break
- Do a little physical exercise, as it increase your circulation all over your body
- Eat something, a kind of snacks to refill yourself
- A revision of half an hour is required
- Have a light dinner
- Study for one hour
- Listen to some good soothing music and go off to good night sleep.
Difficulty level of the NEET Biology paper
In the past few years of medical entrance exams, the level of difficulties has increased over a year. Candidates can go through the expected topic wise difficulties level of Biology paper for NEET 2020
Overall expected difficulties level of Biology in NEET
- 60% easy
- 25% medium
- 15% difficult
Preparation tips for NEET Biology
Due to lockdown all offline coachings, libraries and any other offline resources are not available as it has been closed down. Candidates can go through the following tips to be taken care of while preparing for Biology for cracking the NEET.
- Avoid reading from multiple sources during this time. NCERT Biology textbook should be revised as much as possible.
- All the aforementioned topics given should be covered thoroughly.
- Practice questions as much as you can, understanding the question is the first step towards solving it.
- Topics like Human physiology, plant physiology, reproduction, genetics and ecology should be given more attention.
- Attempt mock tests to improve the speed of attempting questions.
Innovative methods to study:
- Utilize online resources to fill the learning gap
- Practice more and more diagram and paste them around to keep a regular revision and also to give color to the study space
- Candidates can use calm music in the background while studying, as per their convenience.
- Keep a little physical exercise going along with the preparation.
- Avoid reading too many news articles.
Tricks to keep in mind while preparing for NEET Biology
As all NEET aspirants know that it is the last lap of preparation and it will decide how one is scoring in the medical entrance exam. Candidates can go through some innovative tricks to study Biology while preparing for NEET.
- Revise all diagrams and tables from NCERT books thoroughly.
- Examples for the plant kingdoms, animal kingdom, plant morphology, plant anatomy, and animal tissue to be read from NCERT
- Practice pedigree analysis to get quick inferences
- Learn the different genetic combinations for dihybrid crosses
- In genetics, the process of central dogma should be thoroughly revised
- Practise NCERT based questions as much as you can.