How to prepare for JEE?
Preparation leads the road to success and it requires a certain strategy. To aim for a seat in the coveted IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, the first step would be to look at how to prepare for JEE Main. A clear study plan is the key to success in any exam especially JEE Main which happens to be the largest under graduate engineering exam in the country. Therefore, the next step in answer to how to prepare for JEE Main would be the formulation of a good study plan that incorporates exam pattern, syllabus, mock tests, practice and more. This article brings forth tips and tricks on how to crack JEE Main with inputs from toppers, coaching experts and more. To know how to prepare for JEE Main, read this article.
How to prepare for JEE Main - stages of preparation
- Know your JEE Main syllabus
- Understand the exam pattern of JEE Main
- Make the JEE Main preparation plan
- Books to refer
- Practice till you are perfect using mock tests and previous year papers
- JEE Main Exam Day Strategy
What you need to know about JEE Main before you start
- JEE Main will be held twice- January (completed) and April.
- National Testing Agency is the conducting body for the computer based test
- Admissions to 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, 28 GFTIs and other universities are through JEE Main.
- The application process is online.
- The test will be held in multiple sessions in around 267 cities in India and 9 cities abroad.
- About 4.81 lakh students appeared for JEE Main 2020 January and September session.
After the exam, NTA will also release the answer key.
Start with the Syllabus - Know which topics to study
To crack JEE Main, one needs to be well versed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 11 and 12. NTA elaborates the syllabus to study from. This allows students to know what to prepare before how to prepare for JEE Main 2021.
Segregate the JEE Main Syllabus
One step is to segregate the topics in each subject into class 11 and class 12 to allow for common preparation for both board and entrance exams. Second, the topics from the JEE mains syllabus must be divided into easy, tough and very tough so that the how to prepare for JEE Main plan is made accordingly.
Plan to segregate JEE Main Syllabus:
- Divide into Class 11 syllabus and Class 12 Syllabus
- Divide the topics into "Don't Know- have to learn", Weak and Strong
- Check weightage wise topics and segregate them in the preparation plan accordingly.
JEE Main Syllabus - Important Topics with weightage
While studying the complete syllabus is important, it is also a wise strategy to give importance to those topics that carry weightage in JEE Main. An analysis of the past 8-10 years of the papers of JEE Main and AIEEE will help you.
Get to know the exam - understanding JEE Main exam pattern
Candidates must be familiar with the JEE mains exam pattern to know what to expect in the exam. Understanding the marking scheme allows candidates to calculate how they should attempt their exam.